WORKSHOPS FOR PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
Reframing Racism: Language and Tools for Advancing Equity
What can I do? It’s a common question we hear from people of color and white folks in response to racial events that consistently show up in the news and occur in our own communities.
At CEI, we believe people need a place to talk about race, tools to navigate these sometimes uncomfortable conversations, and ways to take action and make positive change in our homes, neighborhoods, workplaces, and communities.
In response, we offer Reframing Racism, a transformative process designed to help folks become more racially conscious, culturally competent individuals who understand how racism operates and what we can do about it.
|During this training series, participants will:||This training series will include:|
- This series consists of a 2.5 day kickoff training and 3 follow-up sessions.
- Trainings and follow-up sessions are held monthly in Southwest Portland.
- CEI will gladly issue PDUs via CEI certificate for educators. Participants must work with district and TSPC to verify acceptance.
- Workshop pricing $500. Includes all necessary materials.
Select from the following session dates:
- October 6 – 8: Friday (5-9pm), Saturday (9-5pm), Sunday (9-5pm) with follow-ups occurring from 6-9pm on October 24, November 21, and December 5.
- October 25 – 27: Wednesday (9-1pm), Thursday (9-5pm), Friday (9-5pm) with follow-ups occurring from 6-9pm on November 15, November 29, and December 13
Follow Up Schedule for Current Workshop Participants:
- Cohort 5 (May 3-5): Follow ups are Thursdays from 6-9pm (May 18, June 15, July 13)
- Cohort 6 (May 19-21): Follow ups are Thursdays from 6-9pm (June 8, June 29, July 27)