A transformative training designed to help folks become more racially conscious, culturally competent individuals who understand how racism operates and what we can do about it.
|During this training series, participants will:
||This training series will include:
- Explore how race was constructed
- Build a racial vocabulary
- Analyze current events
- Practice communicating cross-culturally
- Develop an equity toolkit
- Make a plan for advancing equity
- Facilitated dialogue and discussion
- Experiential activities
- Assigned readings and viewings
- Strategic planning sessions
- Online learning
This series consists of a 2.5 day intensive and 3 follow-up sessions.
- November 9-11: Wed(9-4pm), Thurs (9-4pm), Fri (9-1pm) with follow ups occurring on Tuesdays from 6-9pm (Dec 13, Jan 17, Feb 21).
Trainings and follow-up sessions are held in Southwest Portland.
Personal investment of $500.00 includes all necessary materials, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on scholarships and/or group rates.
CEI will gladly issue PDUs via CEI certificate for educators. Participants must work with district and TSPC to verify acceptance.
[su_button url=”/register/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#ff9900″ size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”round”]REGISTER[/su_button]