“This kind of learning has left me re-energized, connected, and inspired to be a better educator.”
50 Transformed Educators Every Year.
5,000 Students Served Differently Every Year.
100,000 Student Lives Changed by 2020.
Equity work is relevant in all institutions in our society, including one of the most critical; our education system. When educators have the will and passion to advance equity throughout classrooms, schools, and districts the positive outcomes for students and families are infinite.
Becoming a culturally responsive and committed school district or education-based nonprofit does not happen overnight. The process for school districts and community-based organizations partnering with schools to become truly inclusive can take years, and even then must continually be shepherded by dedicated staff and administrators. CEI will help develop the tools and plans needed to pursue this work for years to come.
Equity Certificate Program for School Leaders
The Equity Certificate Program at the Center for Equity and Inclusion is a challenging, personal journey for educators who are committed to creating equitable and inclusive school environments, especially for their students and families of color. We create a learning community where teachers, counselors, classified staff and administrators deepen their resolve, consciousness, and skill to lead collectively for equity in and out of the classroom with a central and consistent focus on the role of race and culture in education.
In an innovative partnership with multiple school districts, Lewis and Clark College and community equity leaders, CEI is now enrolling educators in a year-long cohort-based program beginning the summer of 2019.
The Equity Certificate Program is a year-long experience consisting of three collaborative learning sessions in a cohort-based model:
Equity Foundations (60 hours/4 credits)
- July 29 – August 1 and August 5-8, 2019
- Monday -Thursday 9am-4pm
Equity in Action (30 hours/2 credits)
- September 2019 through May 2020
- Two sessions per month (one session off-site early evening class and one at school site)
Leading for Equity (30 hours/2 credits)
- June 22 – June 25, 2020
- Monday – Thursday 9am-4pm
- A Foundation for Racial Equity
- Understanding Cultural Frameworks and De-centering Dominant Culture (Whiteness)
- Facilitating Learning in Diverse Communities
- Engaging and Empowering Family Partnership in School Settings
- Leading for Equity: Building Inclusive School Systems and Creating Systemic Change
- We hold all educators deeply capable of becoming leaders for equity.
- Our graduates are capable of leading a deep equity transformation in their buildings.
- Our programs raise racial consciousness, deepen resolve, and develop practical skills.
- Our instructors are practicing, highly accomplished equity leaders in the community.
- We are committed to working together for systemic change. No one can do this alone.
How to Register
For more information on the application process, contact Kate Woicke at email@example.com